Corporate Social Responsibility
As a leading manufacturer of beverages and food products, PAJL is processing the State’s horticulture produce while emphasizing the reduction of wastage of unsold produce. Both of the units perform processing of a wide range of tropical fruits and vegetables in the most efficient and environment-friendly manner.
It is one of the objectives of PAJL to inspire and support the Punjab’s fruits and vegetable processing industry, to integrate Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in their business operations and core strategy. The vision of the Platform is a thriving and resilient juice sector creating income stability and prosperity for all stakeholders involved in the global value chain. The Platform is designed to enable companies to collaborate on these global challenges.
Research & Development Activities for Utilization of Bio-Products of Kinnow and other Fruits & Vegetables.
A joint Collaborative Research Agreement has been signed by Punjab Agro Juices Limited (PAJL) with Punjabi University, Patiala (PUP) in 2017 for development of ‘LIMOPAN’. Accordingly, PAJL in collaboration with PUP developed a ‘LIMOPAN’ (a Nano-nutraceuticals product development from the Bio-waste of Kinnow fruit). A patent application for ‘LIMOPAN’ (Nutraceutical developed from the bio-waste of Kinnow fruit) has been filed in 2017 and the complete specifications of the joint patent have also been filed in 2018.
The Pomance (bio-waste of kinnow) collected from PAJL Plants is dried from external sources; converted into powder form by PUP; Super Critical Fluid Extractions (SCFE) have been done from various research & testing institutes throughout the country.
A trial on animals / chicks was conducted through Sr. Nutritionist-cum-Head Department of Animal Nutrition, GADVASU – Ludhiana in 2016-17 and the favourable report was received. The Toxicology studies were completed in 2018 at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali (NIPER) and the product was approved by a GLP certified National Toxicology Centre.
In this regard, the ‘Expression of Interest’ for technology transfer / development of “Nano-Nutraceutical as Poultry Feed Supplement” was invited. At present, PAJL is in the final stage for transfer of technology i.e. “Nano-Nutraceutical as Poultry Feed Supplement” to Hospitality Service, Pune (Maharashtra).
More precisely the Platform aims to promote:
- A common understanding and agreement on CSR in the fruit & vegetable processing industry, including areas to collaborate and ways to track progress.
- Enhanced performance on addressing social, environmental and economic concerns creating shared value throughout the supply chain.
- Greater visibility of CSR and sustainability eﬀorts in the fruit & vegetable processing sector.
Facilitate & Support Collaboration
- Facilitate the design, implementation and continuous improvement of various collaborative programs, when necessary.
Ensure quality and wide participation
- Involve the whole juice supply chain: Ensure that the perspectives and experiences of all key stakeholders in the juice supply chain are taken into account.
- Impact & Added Value : Ensure progress is monitored and synergy between diﬀerent collaborative programs is created.
Communicate and harmonize eﬀorts
- Ensure harmonization and alignment with other initiatives.
- Provide one clear space and reference point to communicate the juice sector’s commitment, progress and best practices.
Both the plants are equipped with well-functioning solar energy systems to ensure the use of renewable energy.
The chilka/ Bio Waste extracted from vegetables and fruits in our plants is used as a manure/ organic fertilizer to enhance the fertility of the soil.